Friday, October 27, 2006

Weekly Layout

The first thing I want to do is provide a layout of what will appear on this website. I don't claim to have any insight into the organization, or a contact that provides me with inside info...at least not yet. The hard data I provide is going to be culled from throughout the World Wide Web, primarily from Bay Area newspapers, the 49ers website and other prominent websites. Nothing earth shattering you can't find on your own, but I'd like to be able to bring it all together here. So here's what you'll find:
  • Injury Reports - The usual list of probables, questionables, etc... combined with analysis on if they really won't play and the affect that will have on the tea
  • Game Day Preview - Address the various matchups issues. And not necessarily "Frank Gore vs. Brian Urlacher." I'd rather address something like QB vs. Secondary or RB vs. Linebackers. This is such a team-oriented sport that there are very few times that you can address a 1-on-1 matchup without considering other players influence.
  • Game Recap - I won't simply look at the good OR the bad. I'll address both with some sense of balance. I've seen too many websites that are too harsh or "drinking too much of the Kool-Aid." I love the 49ers and I realize they have many issues to address, but also have made great strides in certain areas
  • Position-by-Position Analysis - This will happen more randomly, often based on issues that have come up (injury , demotion, etc.)
  • Offseason Issues - I'll address free agency, retirements, trades, the draft and minicamp and give my own personal analysis.
  • Outside news articles - I'm slowly becoming a fan of footballoutsiders.com among other websites. I'll post any interesting outside analysis if I feel it's pertinent.
This is a first for me, so there will be some growing pains as I figure out a good schedule for posting and come up with new ideas to post. And of course I'm always going to be on the lookout for suggestions. My favorite fan blog is athleticsnation.com and if I can get even half their following I'd consider it a major success. So we'll see how this goes and I'll be posting soon. Thanks for visiting.

No comments: